On 19 November 2019, Dr. Vangelis Karkaletsis, Director of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications, was appointed member of the newly established National Council for Research, Technology and Innovation (ESETEK).
The Council is the supreme advisory body for the formulation and implementation of the national policy for Research, Technology and Innovation that supports in its work the Minister or Deputy Minister for Research and Technology. The Council’s secretariat is provided by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology.
The full list of the members of the Council is available below:
1. Emmanouil Dermitzakis, Professor of Genetic Medicine
University of Geneva Director of Health 2030 Genome Center, as President
2. Aristides – Thomas Doxiadis, Social Scientist and Economist, as Vice President
3. Vassilios Antoniadis, Economist
4. Evangelos Karkaletsis, Director of IIT, NCSR “Demokritos”
5. Eleni Katsou, Entrepreneur
6. Vassiliki Kinti, Professor of History and Philosophy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
7. Eugenia – Eliza Konofagou, Professor of Biomedical Engineering & Radiology at Columbia Univercity
8. Konstantinos Kyriakopoulos, Professor of Automatic Control & Robotics at NTUA
9. Stavroula Bachtalia, business executive
10. Evangelos Bekiaris, Director of the Institute of Sustainability Mobility and Transport Networks at CERTH
11. Emilianos Chalamandaris, researcher at Samsung Research