The Wireless Communications (WiCom) Lab, Materials Science Sector (Institute for Advanced Materials, Physicochemical Processes, Nanotechnology & Microsystems), National Technical University of Athens and Loughborough University, presented three joint research works in 8th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP2014), held in The Hague, The Netherlands, on 6-11 APRIL 2014. These works have been supported by the “MAGELLAN” research project, funded by “THALIS” Research Programme of Greek Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs in the framework of NSRF 2007-2013. The titles of the papers are the following:
– “Efficiency Measurements of Multiband and Circularly Polarized Magneto-Dielectric Antennas by the Equivalent-Circuit Wheeler Cap”
– “Complex Electric Permittivity and Magnetic Permeability of Ferrites Calculated From Scattering Parameters”
– “Reconfigurable Planar Directional Antennas Printed on Ferrimagnetic Substrates”.
Another paper was presented in the same conference as a result of joint research work between WiCom Lab and Loughborough University, Electronic and Electrical Engineering Department. The paper was entitled:
– “Modelling of Dynamic On-Body Channels Using Different Types of Wearable Antennas”.
The work has been funded under the auspices of Loughborough University and the National Centre for Scientific Research “Demokritos” in the frame of the bilateral PhD agreement.
Finally, WiCom Lab presented the paper:
– “A Wearable Multiband Monopole Antenna for Digital Television and Wireless Communications”.
This work has been supported by the “SYNAISTHISI” research project, co-funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund – ERDF) and Greek national funds through the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) action “Development of Research Centers – ΚΡΗΠΙΣ”.
Visit the EuCAP2014 conference websitehttp://www.eucap2014.org/More about IIT’s joint PhD programs and Research Collaborationshttps://www.iit.demokritos.gr/edu/joint_phd_research_collaborationsMore about the MAGELLAN research projecthttp://excellence.minedu.gov.gr/thales/en/thalesprojects/377063More about the SYNAISTHISI research projecthttp://synaisthisi.iit.demokritos.gr/