Ion Androutsopoulos is Professor of Artificial Intelligence in the Department of Informatics of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), Director of AUEB’s Information Processing Laboratory, and head of AUEB’s Natural Language Processing Group. He is also Research Associate of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (Software and Knowledge Engineering Lab) of NCSR “Demokritos”. Before joining AUEB, he worked at the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of NCSR “Demokritos”, and what is now the Centre for Language Technology of Macquarie University in Sydney. He received his PhD and MSc degrees from the University of Edinburgh, after graduating from the National Technical University of Athens.
His expertise is in Artificial Intelligence, especially Natural Language Processing. His research interests include the following topics:
– Question answering for databases, ontologies, document collections, and the Web, especially biomedical question answering.
– Natural language generation from databases and ontologies, especially Semantic Web ontologies.
– Text classification, including filtering spam and abusive content.
– Information extraction and opinion mining, including legal text analytics and sentiment analysis.
– Natural language processing tools for Greek, for example parsers and named-entity recognizers.
– Machine learning in natural language processing, especially deep learning.
– Natural language processing in digital curation.
His personal pages can be found at http://www2.aueb.gr/users/ion/.