● Position: Junior Java Developer
● Subject: AI and big data analysis
● Location: National Centre of Scientific Research “Demokritos”, Technology Park “Lefkippos”, Pat. Grigoriou & 27 Neapoleos Str, Agia Paraskevi, pc 15341
● Compensation: based on qualifications
● Send your CV: email@example.com
● In charge: Dr Michalis Vafopoulos
Qualifications Required: a) experience with writing and consuming APIs b) good programming skills in Java and c) MySQL
Qualifications Desired: GitHub, Apache SOLR, Amazon Web Services and Apache Maven
Linked Business private company, based at Technology Park “Lefkippos” of the NCSR “Demokritos”, in cooperation with the Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of NCSR “Demokritos” organise 6 month internships in fields of AI and big data.
During the last five years, there is a growing number of initiatives and projects for publishing detailed open data such as business information (e.g. https://opencorporates.com/), public procurement (e.g. http://platform.yourdatastories.eu/). These initiatives aim to increase transparency and, at the same time, create opportunities for business intelligence solutions.
The project is focused on two aspects: (1) machine learning from semi-structured textual content using Computational Linguistics and Semantic Web/Linked Data and (2) new metrics for supporting business intelligence solutions.