In early March (4th – 9th) SKEL Lab team members travelled to the USA promoting collaboration and disseminating information about European projects RADIO and Big Data Europe at various institutions.
• RADIO project was presented by Dr Vangelis Karkaletsis during the 3rd Semi-Annual Industry Advisory Board Meeting of the NSF I/UCRC at iPerform Center, University of Texas at Arlington, USA (4 March)
• The RADIO Project team ran tests at Heracleia Laboratory during their visit at the University of Texas at Arlington, USA (5 March)
• Dr. Vangelis Karkaletsis and Dr. Stasinos Konstantopoulos presented the Big Data Europe Project, during the Computer Science Seminar at the University of Houston, USA (7 March)
• Dr. Vangelis Karkaletsis and Dr. Theodoros Giannakopoulos presented the RADIO Project at the University of Houston, USA (8 March)
• Dr. Vangelis Karkaletsis and Dr. Stasinos Konstantopoulos presented both projects “Big Data Europe” and “RADIO” at Rice University, USA (9 March)
Additionally, a project poster was exhibited with the title: “Raspberry PI and open source system for detecting activities of daily living” prepared by T. Giannakopoulos, S. Konstantopoulos & V. Karkaletsis.
For more updates and photographs from the trip, stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter!